The past few days we've been enjoying some really nice weather, so Lily and I have been spending a lot of time outside in front of our apartment. She's been enjoying drawing pictures with her sidewalk chalk and riding her little car/bike. In the past we've struggled with her running out into the middle of the road and parking lot. But lately she has gotten a lot better and has listened to me when I call her back. Today she did test me.... so she was put in time out for two minutes.... I know... mean mommy!! But you have to teach them to be safe! It's been really fun being outside though! Lily plays for a long time, just taking breaks to come get a drink or snack. We leave the front door open so she comes in and out switching toys, and I get my much needed down time reading in the shade of the front porch.... Ahhhh so nice! I'm loving it! We were sure to get our fill today since we're expecting a storm tomorrow.
Jason is almost done with the semester and is tired of school. Just a few more weeks Honey!! Then Summer break! Also, a baby! :) He's getting excited to have his mornings free and for more down time. Finals are coming up fast and quick and he has projects in a few of his classes. It will be nice when he's done and can de-stress. He works hard, and I'm grateful that he has that quality. He takes care of us and hardly misses a day of work. We have been blessed that he hasn't been sick. Thanks Honey for how hard you try and what you do for us! I also want to say, that I'm proud of him for starting to work out again! (he started a while ago though) He's gaining a lot of his muscles back, not that he didn't have any... but the insane muscles back that he had before the baby. :)
Lily is starting to feed herself, not just putting food in her mouth, but really feeding herself, not making a mess, using utensils, and finishing almost all the food on her plate! There is a catch though, she has to really like/love what I'm serving or else she does resort to throwing or making a big mess. I'm so proud of her!! I just can't believe how much she's growing up!! And she has also added some new words to her vocabulary! She is now saying, 'Take it,' 'Give it,' and 'Thanks.' Jason says that when I hand her something, I say 'Take it' a lot.... I'm just surprised that she picked up on that of all things.... It was absolutely cute though when she was handing her friend Olivia a toy the other day and she said, "Take it." I wasn't sure if I heard her right, so I watched for a while and sure enough that's what she was saying! I love that kid!!!!
And me, well I'm known as 'Dear' and 'Mommy.' So, I'm busy as always! I never did try the sewing machine out this last weekend, but soon very soon! I'm trying something new with dinner though. I'm tired of having no idea what to make and the clocks ticking and sometimes literally a half hour before Jace gets off work, I still have no idea. So, weekly, I'm doing an inventory and making a menu for the week. I could always start out with a weekly or monthly menu and shop that way.... but I'm not quite ready to dive in, for now this is making my life a tad less complicated and isn't taking too much effort. I'm proud to say that I haven't stressed over what to make for dinner for almost a week now! It's been nice!
Easter is right around the corner! We're planning a fun hunt for Lily in our house and a little bit outside in the front lawn. We're excited to see her reaction as she finds and collects eggs and other goodies! I'll be sure to post pics of our fun day! We're also taking her around town to a few events. I'm not completely sure how she'll be since on Friday she is getting immunizations. I hope she still has a good time. Well, till next time! We're doing great, hope everyone is too!



2 comments:
Getting Closer Marie! Hang in there! Enjoy the weather while it lasts!! Kids grow up way too fast and i cant believe that you will have two soon!!!
I love the menu idea. Seems like such a good idea. Thanks for the tip and good luck with your last few weeks of pregnancy.
Post a Comment