

So, a few weeks ago, our friends Michele and Wayne suggested we rent the movie Fireproof. Michele said it was a must see for any married couple, dating couple, or anyone who intended to be in a relationship. So, long story short, Jason and I rented it one night from the Red Box. Michele warned us it was cheesy, but had a great story line. Just to note, Kirk Cameron from the family show, "Growing Pains" is one of the main characters. If you're around my age, you'll appreciate seeing what show's he's doing now.
So, Jason's and my consensus.... Rent it! Yes, it was cheesy, but any couple (whether you are in complete bliss, or dire need of counseling) will benefit from this 2 or so hour long movie! If anything, it will at least enlighten your mind to being more open, and considerate of your spouse! Now, I was a little shocked. This couple on the show definetely had their marriage hanging by a string. So, it was an inside look on just how two people could treat each other so badly. Although, my parents are divorced, and my mom twice divorced... I am blessed to have a great marriage, and so perhaps I've forgotten how bad a bad marriage can be. That being said, marriage is being attacked in so many ways! And the reason divorce exists is because people can be so nasty. I don't what I think of love being lost in a marriage-- obviously two people were in love at one point. Whether or not that was nurtured is another story. So.... rent it!
A few facts about the show: I thought it was LDS, but as I got into it, I realized through some scenes that no it's not, but it is a movie that the Catholic Church released. I'm grateful for this show, and the morale and importance they have placed on marriage. Also, Dr. Phil has featured this movie on his show-- just a fun tidbit! Here's the official website for the movie: http://www.fireproofyourmarriage.com/
Now, you're probably wondering why I posted my title as, "The Love Dare." In the show, there is a love dare journal, I won't say anything more than that, but know that it can be purchased and it's a real book. I cried and really enjoyed this movie! Hormones maybe?? Who knows, but I really wanted the 'The Love Dare' book. Jason found it on Amazon as a surprise for me. The movie was a little too intense for me to want to own-- but I think the journal is useful and beneficial. That being said, Jason and I haven't really broken it out yet, but we have been planning to.
So, there you go! I just got thinking about it today as I saw the journal on the bookshelf! I hope you like it! Thanks Smith's for the reccomendation!



1 comment:
It is true, it is kinda of cheesey but it really makes you think! You will have to let me know how the Diary is!!
Post a Comment