Thought #1: As of tomorrow, I will have 9 weeks before my official due date of June 6-- and that's if I go full term and am not induced. I can't believe it! It's so close, yet still feels like decades away. In fact, in just a few weeks, I'll wash all of Kyles clothes and start organizing them. It feels so strange... It's hard to explain, but it's almost like I am finally realizing that I'm having another baby! Woot!
Thought #2: Nesting Projects! I am not a fan of nesting! Everywhere I look I see projects! Places that need to be organized, scrubbed better, things that I want to throw out or sell.... Also, nesting includes a sudden want to bake more and start sewing again. I think I'll ask my husband to get my sewing machine out this weekend. It has been retired for about three years but will once again be revitalized!! I do love a clean, organized home. I just wish it'd clean itself, sew itself and bake itself! :) I don't even know what I want to sew; maybe nothing at all, just sew across fabrics for the heck of it! That sounds fun!!
Thought #3: Snowing again... nothing new. I just feel bad for my little girl; she was absolutely loving the nice weather, sidewalk chalking, and going for walks, etc. It's been difficult for her to stay in and be occupied indoors, now that she has had a taste of nice weather. We did rebel yesterday and while daddy was replacing the brake lights, we played outside and though our noses were very red from the cold, we had fun!!
Thought #4: Please oh please stay awake for General Conference! I am so terrible! But for the last two years, I've been preggo on Conference (except for last April), not to mention that it's during the weekends and so I nap a lot since my dear hubby is home. Pregnancy is not a reason to miss Conference! I will do better! I will do better!
Thought #5: Grateful! This should be at the top of my list!!! I'm grateful that my husband has a job, and is able to continue with school in this economic crisis. There are so many families struggling and people losing jobs. It's truly hard out there! What a blessing!
Thought #6: Another important one I should of listed first... In large cities they have organizations that go to restaurants to pick up any unused, yet still very good food at the end of the day, to donate to shelters, versus throwing it all away. I don't think Utah has this??!!? Correct me if I am wrong, and I'd be happy to be wrong, but I think this is found on the East Coast. I read an article a few months ago that said for the homeless in Logan, the closest homeless center was located in Ogden. My heart broke... In this time in our world with so many people struggling to put food on the table, I wish more cities participated in organizing a food pickup and delivery from restaurants. I've also heard The Food Bank has struggled (shortage on food vs. demand) to make home deliveries to older residents in their local areas, who are alone and are not able to make meals for themselves. I am planning on looking into this, and finding out if it's possible to make it happen here in Logan-- I'm sure it will have a lot to do with demand.
UPDATE: I called the Food Bank here in Logan and guess what--- They do that!!!! Big thanks to Olive Garden and Pizza Hut for participating! However, the person I spoke to did say that we are a little behind the East Coast on programs like this. Please check in your hometowns if there are programs like this! It breaks my heart to think of anyone going without!
Thought #7: It's Friday!!! My hubby's last work day! Yay! No fun plans really... just homeward bound! But that's music to my ears! It's been about two months since we haven't had commitments or errands on Saturday. :) Have a great one everyone!
Thought #2: Nesting Projects! I am not a fan of nesting! Everywhere I look I see projects! Places that need to be organized, scrubbed better, things that I want to throw out or sell.... Also, nesting includes a sudden want to bake more and start sewing again. I think I'll ask my husband to get my sewing machine out this weekend. It has been retired for about three years but will once again be revitalized!! I do love a clean, organized home. I just wish it'd clean itself, sew itself and bake itself! :) I don't even know what I want to sew; maybe nothing at all, just sew across fabrics for the heck of it! That sounds fun!!
Thought #3: Snowing again... nothing new. I just feel bad for my little girl; she was absolutely loving the nice weather, sidewalk chalking, and going for walks, etc. It's been difficult for her to stay in and be occupied indoors, now that she has had a taste of nice weather. We did rebel yesterday and while daddy was replacing the brake lights, we played outside and though our noses were very red from the cold, we had fun!!
Thought #4: Please oh please stay awake for General Conference! I am so terrible! But for the last two years, I've been preggo on Conference (except for last April), not to mention that it's during the weekends and so I nap a lot since my dear hubby is home. Pregnancy is not a reason to miss Conference! I will do better! I will do better!
Thought #5: Grateful! This should be at the top of my list!!! I'm grateful that my husband has a job, and is able to continue with school in this economic crisis. There are so many families struggling and people losing jobs. It's truly hard out there! What a blessing!
Thought #6: Another important one I should of listed first... In large cities they have organizations that go to restaurants to pick up any unused, yet still very good food at the end of the day, to donate to shelters, versus throwing it all away. I don't think Utah has this??!!? Correct me if I am wrong, and I'd be happy to be wrong, but I think this is found on the East Coast. I read an article a few months ago that said for the homeless in Logan, the closest homeless center was located in Ogden. My heart broke... In this time in our world with so many people struggling to put food on the table, I wish more cities participated in organizing a food pickup and delivery from restaurants. I've also heard The Food Bank has struggled (shortage on food vs. demand) to make home deliveries to older residents in their local areas, who are alone and are not able to make meals for themselves. I am planning on looking into this, and finding out if it's possible to make it happen here in Logan-- I'm sure it will have a lot to do with demand.
UPDATE: I called the Food Bank here in Logan and guess what--- They do that!!!! Big thanks to Olive Garden and Pizza Hut for participating! However, the person I spoke to did say that we are a little behind the East Coast on programs like this. Please check in your hometowns if there are programs like this! It breaks my heart to think of anyone going without!
Thought #7: It's Friday!!! My hubby's last work day! Yay! No fun plans really... just homeward bound! But that's music to my ears! It's been about two months since we haven't had commitments or errands on Saturday. :) Have a great one everyone!



No comments:
Post a Comment