
I can't believe I didn't blog about pre-school! I thought I did but scrolling through my blog I sure didn't! So here we go! Catch up time! Hey, at least it's the second week of pre-school and I'm not too far behind... Right!? So pre-school....
Last week when Lily started it was bittersweet. I had moments I wanted to cry and thought I was crazy to be so emotional. But I got a grip on myself and realized I am a clingy mom, and I have to start loosening the apron strings sooner or later... So I let about a millimeter. Hahahaha!
Lil's had anxieties of her own as well. She was telling me she didn't want to go and that she would miss me and Kyle too much and it was better to stay home. This just made it that much harder for me. For some things I think parents shouldn't hide their feelings from their kids because I think kids need to know it's okay to feel things-- to feel sad, bad, angry even, it's all natural and is just as normal as feeling happy. However, I did hide my fears and sadness about pre-school. I knew it wouldn't help her at all if she knew my heart was aching. So with a plastered smile, I took her to her first day of pre-school. She didn't love it; she had fun, but it wasn't until this week that she actually is EXCITED now! Yippee! And guess what!? I'm okay too! And excited as well! :) Who knew I'd grow right a long side my daughter! I guess 28 year olds can learn from the first day of pre-school too!
She has loved it! And it's a great school and the teachers are awesome! I love that they have homework-- it's not required but encouraged and the kids get treats for doing their homework. So far, Lily is on board and is excited to get it done! I know as the year progresses, she'll learn in bounds and leaps and will make new friends. These are things I can't give her at home, and so it's time she branches out a little. And that is why Jason and I enrolled her this year. This what I hung on to every time I had an anxious moment.

Now, clogging... Clogging was much of the same experience as pre-school. She didn't want to go, in fact when she was there she didn't dance and sat on the floor pouting. The teacher asked me after if I thought Lily would want to stick with it. I told her I wanted Lily to give it a few more times. And this week it was awesome! Parents can watch the last ten minutes of class and today when I got there, Lily was dancing and participating, and she was very good!!! And so cute! It made me smile and I knew that she would only continue to love it from that point on. So it looks like we'll have a bright year ahead of us! Especially Lily with school and dance. It's all so very exciting! I love being a mom!
* Next week I'll try to remember to record Lily dancing. That should be fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment