Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Blogging About Everything

I'm in the mood to blog and I really don't have a topic, so I'll just go with the flow and write a little about this and that and see what we'll end up with.

Today Lily went to dance class for the first time and well, it didn't go so well. I think she had a hard time for a few reasons-

1) She's not 4 yet and the class is for 4 yrs and up. She'll be 4 next month but I think she was a little bit intimidated by the older kids.
2) I woke her up from a nap and she REALLY didn't want to wake up.
3)She got hungry. We'd eaten at 12:30 for lunch and it was 4:15 when the class started. I should of given her a snack but she'd been napping. Nest time I'll plan it a little better for her.
4) It was new to her. And most of the kids were returning so it was intimidating that she didn't catch on.

So those things in perspective, I think with time and better preparation she'll start to enjoy it better. At least I hope so. I don't want her to quit quite yet. Not after one lesson. I think we need to give it at least 3 tries before she decides it's not for her. And if it's not, well, that's okay. I just really want her involved in something... I loved singing growing up and I took classical lessons for 10 years, and I loved it! I owned it as my talent and that does a lot for a person and self esteem and I want my kids to own something for themselves as well.

I'm waiting for my book from my favorite Author Marcia Lynn McClure!!! Argh! The wait is killing me! Okay it's only been like 4 business days since I ordered it but please oh please be in my mailbox TOMORROW!

Marcia is a clean romance writer and her books are divine!!!!! I feel like breaking out in a high pitch trill just thinking about how much I love her books! Okay, so my non-themed blog suddenly has meaning between blogging about dance class for Lil's and my favorite all time author!!

Back to- in my opinion, modern day Jane Austin favorite author... Her books plaster a smile on my face, remind how lucky in love I am, and bring back memories of meeting and dating Jason and how crazy love is when you're young. Not to mention how complicated it is and how much you question yourself and who ever it is you've fallen for.

I've read nearly ALL her books except for one e-book and the book I'm waiting for right now, The Trove of the Passion Room. Again, please come tomorrow. Right now until Friday, two of her e-books are available on her website to download. The Rogue Knight and Desert Fire. They are great reads, not my very favorites but great all the same. If you really want to be hooked, here is a list of my favorite books:

1) Shackles of Honor
2) The Heavenly Surrender
3) Weathered Too Young
4) Dusty Britches
5) An Old Fashioned Romance
6) The Crimson Frost
7) Ransome Lake
8) Daydreams
9) Kissing Cousins (no, not really cousins falling in love)
10) Sudden Storms
11) Prarie Prince
12) Highwayman of Tanglewood
13) The Light of the Lovers Moon
14) The Pirate Ruse
15) The Touch of Sage
16) The Whispered Kiss

Yeah, you're probably thinking, 'Sounds like you love all her books!' I do!!!! But there is a total of 32 and these are my favorites! How much do I love these books? I read 30 of them in 3 months time. Yep! Some with around 375 pages and under. And some I've read 4 times over since that time.

What makes McClure so unique is she reinvents fairy tales. She's taken spins off of Beauty and The Beast, Snow White, Robin Hood, etc! And they are divine! she writes Historical Fiction, as well as Contemporary. Some of her books are set in western times with cowboys in the west, some in the times of Lords, Lady's and Knights, and some in todays world. She is amazing! Look her up!

I was fortunate enough to actually meet her in Logan last June! It was on June 18, 2011 and she came to The American West Heritage Center in Logan, UT er the outskirts of it anyways. I forgot my darn camera but she gave me the sweetest hug and wanted to give Jason one too! She lives in New Mexico so it was a treat that she came out. She signed two books for me, Weathered Too young, and The Heavenly Surrender. Her sons also signed pictures of themselves and the cowboy in the front of Wathered Too Young signed my book as well. It was AWESOME! I'm so grateful Jason took me and took care of the kids as we waited in line! I loved it!

Here is her website if you feel like you want to learn more or order some books:

www.marcialynnmcclure.com or http://distractionsink.com

She also has a blog and a lot of other fun tidbots on her website. Her books can be found on Amazon too but there's only a few of them available there. Check it out ladies! She's truly a great writer not to mention they are clean books. :)

No comments: