This last weekend was The Famous Preston Night Rodeo bonanza! For three whole days, starting on Thursday there was the parade, rodeo and carnival! And we live just a block from the fairgrounds and two blocks from main street so we got to enjoy it all without having to venture out of our yard really. It was soooo much fun! We were all so worn out and exhausted but it was oh so worth it! The parade was really fun for the kids! They loved catching candy and I must say for a 2 and 3 year old they did pretty good! Three nights and they caught 5 lbs. of candy... Yowzers! It waw like Halloween all over again! Saturdays parade was the best! Gosner from Logan even came out and was handing out flavored milk boxes! We scored 5 and felt pretty lucky! We love Gosners!!!! Yummmmm!
Next year we will try to plan better for the carnival and spend more moolah... but this week insurance on both our vehicles is due so that put a damper on a want to splurge weekend. We don't generally splurge-- Jason and I are pretty practical and responsible with our earnings, but with a carnival that comes once a year, we figure we can go a little crazy especiallly since we're not a vacationing family as of yet and what is money spent if it puts a huge smile on you childs face? For $20 te kids got to play two games, each go on a ride, and get a snow cone and bag of popcorn. Talking about the rides, Lily is so hillarious! She wanted to go on the caterpillar roller coaster ride and she was so excited, but once it started she had this complete look of terror!! The guy running the ride even stopped it to ask her if she as okay and if she wanted to get off. But she said she was having fun! I wish I had my camera! It was classic! Kyle went on a train ride. He was pretty angry that he didn't get to ride the caterpillar with Lily, so the entire time he had a scowl on his face. Jason and I made faces at him when he rode by and still he tried so hard not to smile, but eventually broke! Oh little boyfriend. He's such a little goose! I love him!
Last weekend Preston also had fireworks for Pioneer Day! That was awesome! Again it was at the fairgrounds and just so close to us that wewalk down. I recorded it on my camera and we watched it last night on our tv. Preston is a fun place to live and really quite family friendly. In two weeks the fair will be here so again more festivities! We're looking forward to seeing baby animals!
In other news, I've been making felt books for the kids with velcro pieces they can move around. It's been a lot of fun and they are turning out really cute, but it is time consuming. The kids love it and I think they'll really enjoy having it at church during sacrament. We've used sticker books and magnet books but with the felt books they got to help make it and pick out their colors so it's just that much more fun for them! I'll have topost pics when they are finished. I should post pictures soon! Period!
The kids are sure growing up! Lily starts pre-school this Fall and we're also looking into putting her in clogging. I think she'll really love that! Not to mention she'll look so darn cute in the outfits! She's such an outgoing, happy girl and I think getting her into these activities will really nurture her natural talents. Kyle is getting big and strong! I cannot believe how strong this boy is! I'm just amazed when I watch him. This kid even helps me carry groceries into the house! The other day we went to the mall and got some pretzel maker (yum!) and then we went over the play area they had there. Lily was trying to climb up onto the foam cupcakes and icecream blocks and couldnt quite make it. Kyle got up right behin her and hoisted her up like a big tough guy. Jason and I just sat there amazed.... Stunned..... Surprised. He's an awesome little brother to Lily. Always trying to help her, ask her if she's okay when she falls, and yes he's even defended her with other kids. One time a little boy and Lily weren't getting along and Lily Lily started crying. Kyle went up to her and asked her, "You okay?" Lily continued to cry and then he gave her a kiss on her head. Then I watched him go up to the boy, yell something in jibberish, pointing at him and then saying, "No! No!" Then he walked back over to Lily and sat down next to her. And vice versa... Lily also defends Kyle. If she sees another child take something from him, she'll say, "Hey, Kyle had that first! You need to give it back!" or "Be nice to my brother!" They love eachother, and having them both is wonderful. As hard and challenging raising kids can be, Jason and I wouldn't want it any other way!
Life is great! We're enjoying being able to spend time as a family. I'm not looking forward to Jason starting up at USU in the Fall again. But it's for the good of the family. For now, the kids and I are just loving having him around. He's an awesome dad and husband!
Monday, August 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment