Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Getting Back Into Blogging...






So, it's been a while! A long while. And maybe I'm procrastinating cleaning my house so I'm justifying that by blogging! Well, as most of you already know from Face book, our little Kyle Ronnie Viator arrived on May 12, 2009 at 7:59 pm weighing 5.12 lbs. and he was 17.5 inches long! He came 3 weeks and 4 days early. Long stroy short, he was breach, and I had dilated to a 5 and so I was rushed into an emergency C-Section. It was painless and no work at all on my part, but recovery was a pain in the butt! But Kyle is well worth it and he's quite the little cutie!

Like I said, it's been a while! He's grown a lot in the last two months and at his doctors appointment last week, he weighed 10.6 lbs. and measured 20.5 inches. We absolutely love our little Kyle and he truly helps make our family complete. It's been an adjustment for all of us, especially our little Lily, but she has been coming around the last few weeks, and she does love her little brother! The first few weeks were very difficult for her and she was quite frankly, a little emotional wreck. Even with all the extra attention, gifts, and having her as our little helper, she was still very sad about no longer being an only child. On a different note, she is loving having Kyle around now and takes joy in his reactions to all the new things around him. When I lay him down to play with his play gym, she'll sit by him and swing the toys for him and he loves it! He wiggles and kicks, stares at the toys and Lily. The other day, they sat like that together for 45 minutes!!! Believe you me, that is a dream come true for a mother of two!!

We've been having a wonderful and busy summer! We've had a lot of family gatherings and bbq's. It's been great for Lily to play with her cousins, although she's the only girl. And she sure loves the pools at Grandma Viator's house. Also, we had our Viator Family Pictures taken a few weeks ago, and also Kyles Baby Blessing. So, we've just had a lot of gatherings. In the beginning of August, we're having a family camp out, however, we are opting out because we have a new baby, but will visit the campsite and join in for a few meals.

Lately, my little Lily is starting to talk. It was just the other day that I was worrying that she isn't talking very much and says very little. However, since I thought that, she has in the last few days really started saying more words. She still only says things when she wants, but she is progressing. Her new favorite word right now is ,'fishy'. She loves fish?! Maybe because she loves to watch little mermaid. She is really my little doll!! More and more cute each and every day, even though terrible two's have moved in to our home.

Kyle is growing. He's more alert lately, and I'm finally sleeping through the night!!! Yay!!! For a long time, I was getting up 2- 3 times to feed him at night, and between that, diapers, and burping, spit-ups and changes.... I was not sleeping very well. So, this is wonderful! He also really loves toys, his play gym is his favorite hangout place. He goes to town when we lay him down in it! It'll be exciting when he gets big enough to be in the activity exersauser.

Jason has been busy this summer as well. When he's not at work or fulfilling his calling in our ward (he is now YM Pres), he's home helping me. What a wonderful man! It's crazy busy at our house, but it is really nice that he's willing to take the kids off my hands so I can do some things. I'm really grateful for him!

And I've been doing really good as well. Busy, very busy with two kids, but I'm absolutely loving it!!! You can ask my children just how much they hate my kissing them all the time, I probably smother them a little. J/K But I really love my two love bugs. It's so amazing, and a wonderful blessing to have children. And Jason and I are very lucky to have one of each now. Don't get me wrong, we would of been just as happy if we had another little girl, but having a boy is fun for comparison, and they are OH SO DIFFERENT by the way.

Well, this is it for now. I hope that it's not forever again before I log in and blog. But it's been a great summer! And we are doing very well! Now, time for chores. :)

No comments: