Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Don't Quite Know What Title To Put Here

I am one of those people who can't stand to hear stories about abused children, yet I can't turn away from hearing it. It just breaks my heart and I cry and cry. In my little world my kids and I have a loving relationship and I adore them. I guess I forget sometimes that not all children have this. I just watched a video and then did a few searches on a 5 month old baby girl named Brianna Lopez in New Mexico. This took place in 2002 and she was only 5 months old when she died. It makes me sick... She was bitten numerous times, pinched, thrown up to the cieling but never caught, and she was raped by a full grown man. I can't even begin to accept that these things actually happened to a 5 MONTH OLD BABY! I am sick to my stomach that this took place. And how could a mother do this? Her mother was the one who mostly bit her? I pray to God that she didn't suffer, that maybe the pain was taken away when these things happened. Or maybe since she was still so young and innocent that she had thoughts of her Heavely Father and Savior and the heaven that she just left to comfort her and get her through the pain she suffered in her short life. I hope she saw angels around her to cofort her; maybe she saw the Savior. I know that we know what we'll face on this earth before we came here, and so she perhaps was prepared. But a baby? A small baby? How can anyone be so cruel? How can there be so many cruel people in her family to all do this to her? Her mother, her father, her uncle and a grandmother and another uncle who knew about the abuse but did nothing.

I just don't know. A part of me hoped that this story wasn't true and that it didn't take place and so that's why I googled it, but it is true. It did happen. Baby Brianna had broken new and old broken bones and new and old bleeding in her brain in addition to bite marks and bruises from being thrown and being raped. And somewhere out there, it's probably happening again. This is just one story I'm writing about but I know that I've read and heard other stories in the past. It's so hard to hear, but I can't ignore it either.

There will come a judgement day and people who do these evil things to innocent children will have to answer. I wish that gave me peace right now. But I still feel sad just having read this story. I think I'll finish this post then go hold my sleeping children. At least, these small children and babies that suffer and are dead, are now in the arms of a loving heavenly family, Father, Mother and Brother.

No comments: