For the next few posts I'll attempt to play catch-up and summarize the the celebrations and holidays that we have had. First, July 9! My birthday! It was a great day! As strange as this sounds, I can't really recall what we did!? At least not tonight? This is probably a good reason as to why I should journal and blog!! I'm almost certain that we probably stayed home since Kyle would have only been about two months old. I do remember what I got though! Jason bought me the Twilight Saga Special Edition Collection that came with a case and 4 photos and also the movie! Yay! I was so excited! And I love Twilight! I'll add more details later if I recall them!
October! What a fun and busy month! First we'll start with Lily's 2nd Birthday! We went to SLC and met up with family to go to Hogle Zoo! Christine and little Eric, Bobbie, David, Brandi, KJ, James, and James' friend joined us! What fun! We loved seeing baby Suri, the baby elephant at the zoo! We had cupcakes there and sang to Lily! It was a last minute celebration and we had decided to not throw a party this year, but it was nice that everyone still wanted to do a little something for her, although we hadn't planned on it. Afterwards, we took Lily to The Gateway Mall to go to Build-A-Bear. What a fun store! She was floored from the moment she walked in there! She picked out a rabbit doll, and insisted that the doll get two hearts instead of one. It's kinda weird to me, a doll with two hearts in it! But Lily is a girl with lots of love, so, why not!? I did help her pick out the clothes and barrettes. And as a special touch, we added a recording to the bear, so when you press her right hand, she says, "Happy 2nd Birthday Lily! Love Mom and Dad! (Sigh by Kyle at the end). It was funny how Kyle was also able to add to the recording! We named her dolly Ruby and she turned out to be really cute! Lily loves her!! While at The Gateway, we also got stuck in the elevator!! Eeeks! How scary! What was only a few seconds felt like a few hours.
Then Halloween! It was a blast! Lily was a witch and Kyle was a Spider! What a perfect pair! They were both so cute! I found Lily's costume at a new Thrift Store, kinda like Kid-to-Kid, in Smithfield. I was so excited because I hadn't found anything really cute for Lily and everything online that I liked cost an arm and a leg! I got it for $5! That's it and she got so many compliments from people everywhere! Early Halloween morning, we took the kids to Old Historic Logan (main street) to go trick or treating. Lily thought it was so much fun to go inside stores and get a treat! She loved seeing all the costumes that other kids and adults had on. Afterwards, we went to both Lee's Marketplace locations here in Cache Valley. One in Logan and the other in Smithfield. They always have a great little trail in their store for the holidays and kids can pick up treats at every station: baery, meat, deli, etc, to name a few. The store in Logan had a haunted house in the back; we opted out of it, since we had the kids. Truth be told, I was relieved !! That sort of thing really freaks me out! And the store in Smithfield gave out balloons!! What fun! We'll go back again for Easter! We then went home for lunch, got the kids down for a little nap, then we were off again to the Trunck-Or-Treat at church! Kyle sat in the back of the can with me handing out candy and playing with the bowl of candy. He thought it was great fun! People loved that a little spider was chilling in the back of the van handing out candy! Then of course, we took Lily Trick-Or-Treating down one block. It was cold, but great!
Jason celebrated is birthday on Oct. 29. For his birthday, he got a new Xbox 360 game.... Dragon Age. He now officially has over 100 games between Xbox and Xbox 360-- so I had to ask him which game it wasw he got. I also made him a cake, one of his favorites! It has caramel, heath candy toffee bits, and fresh whipped topping.... It has a particular name that I'm not fond of. I also made Jason dinner and we played Mario Cart on the Wii at home, while the kids spent time over at our friends the Smith's house.
And that pretty much wraps up October! :)
Monday, December 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment